Friday, January 29, 2016

Peach Rose

I am going through a file of pictures that I have been wanting to paint and now I am gaining confidence that I can do them justice.  I have finally had someone teach me how to layout a painting in incremental steps that make huge sense.  I love it!!  One of the things that I have found out is to spread a very thin coat of linseed oil on the canvas or board or for that matter paper in the beginning.  This allows the paint to move easily on the surface.  I am also learning more about grays and how to bend the color as Lori Putnam explains in her DVD.  The information in both of these courses together provide great clarity.

4 comments:

Wendy Barrett said...

Wow, this is stunning!

Sue Marrazzo said...

a very Beautiful work!

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Gorgeous!

LindaHunt said...

Thank you, Wendy, Sue, and Julie....thanks for taking the time to comment!!