Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Roses and Apples

I have been missing my gouache!  This is a small 7"x 5" gouache painting on Arches cold press watercolor paper. I have been looking at the work of Tarbell and love all of the rich deep color that he uses.  I tend to gravitate toward high key paintings and in this painting the challenge was to really lay in the darks.  I used the Zorn palette with the addition of a green.  I love that palette because it is so versatile.  If you go to my Pinterest page you will find the palette in painting tips.

4 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Une peinture bien lumineuse... j'aime beaucoup sa composition.

Gros bisous ♡

Sue Marrazzo said...

I like the flatness and matte look! NICE = )

LindaHunt said...

Thanks, Martine...I was really working on the composition in these quite small paintings! Glad you noticed!

Thanks, Sue. I love the velvety feeling of Gouache. I was trying for a more graphic quality to this painting. Happy it came across.

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Fabulous - I simply adore everything about this.