Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Berries






I just completed this 12"x 9" oil painting of a still life.  I am pleased with the way that it turned out.  I worked quickly and tried very hard to not overwork the painting.  The break that I took from painting benefited me I believe.  Sometimes its important to step away and really evaluate where you want your work to go.  I have been looking at many artists over the past few weeks and feel enriched.  In this painting I was focused on the pink of the larger glass vase.  That pink really drew me in.

2 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjor chère amie,

Une belle composition... J'aime la vivifiante douceur de vos couleurs.
Très jolie peinture.
Je vous fais de gros bisous ♡

LindaHunt said...

Thanks, Martine....I really enjoyed painting this painting! Glad that you liked the composition and colors! Hugs to you!!!