Monday, April 1, 2013

Red Gloxinia

 
8"X8"
Oil on Linen
 
$135.00
 
I love Gloxinia don't you?  They speak to me of Spring, rainy days giving way to sunshine.  In this little painting I used a limited palette of a new combination.  (Cad Red Med, Viridian Green, Cobalt Blue, Naples Yellow, Magenta, White, Smidge of black)  I love the greens that are created using Naples Yellow and Cobalt Blue.  For a brighter green add just a smidge of Cad Yellow Light.

I am finding that I have to really concentrate to keep things fresh and light. My energy level must be up or I have a tendency to work things too hard.  It is important to keep a light touch.  I love the feel of the paint under the brush when you just gently brush the paint on.

2 comments:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Linda this one speaks to me. The colors are perfect. The yellow with the purples sings. I love seeing your brushstrokes .... This is such a happy painting.

Virginia Floyd said...

Really beautiful painting. I like the hint of using Naples yellow to make greens. I'll have to try it.