Skip to main content

Red Gloxinia

 
8"X8"
Oil on Linen
 
$135.00
 
I love Gloxinia don't you?  They speak to me of Spring, rainy days giving way to sunshine.  In this little painting I used a limited palette of a new combination.  (Cad Red Med, Viridian Green, Cobalt Blue, Naples Yellow, Magenta, White, Smidge of black)  I love the greens that are created using Naples Yellow and Cobalt Blue.  For a brighter green add just a smidge of Cad Yellow Light.

I am finding that I have to really concentrate to keep things fresh and light. My energy level must be up or I have a tendency to work things too hard.  It is important to keep a light touch.  I love the feel of the paint under the brush when you just gently brush the paint on.

Comments

Linda this one speaks to me. The colors are perfect. The yellow with the purples sings. I love seeing your brushstrokes .... This is such a happy painting.
Virginia Floyd said…
Really beautiful painting. I like the hint of using Naples yellow to make greens. I'll have to try it.

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty in Pink

I am on a Peony roll here.....just enjoying the process of painting and color.  Can be purchased here .

Peach Peony....Day 24

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 I'm ready to chill out after this one.  It was really HARD!   So many petals going all different ways.  I am pleased with the results.  I have to laugh at myself....I thought of showing a step by step process in the painting of this peony....but....never looks like anything until the last few strokes!  I am happy with this painting however I got here.  This painting is found here :

These are new work March through April 2022..........opening up my blogspot!!! Welcome......

Turnip 6"x 6" Panel Oil Pucker Up 12"x 12" Panel Oil Big Red Revision 6"x 6" Canvas Oil