Skip to main content

A Very Big World

 
 
8"X8"
 
Oil on Board
$115
 
 
I love the stance of this little girl with her foot turned pigeon toed.  She was standing in the middle of a very big room and was just content to observe all that was going on around her. 

I used a Zorn palette in this painting.  It felt a little limiting but I was able to get some of the color I was looking for.  I think that this palette works very well for portraiture.  I am ready to return to a palette with a fuller range of colors.

Comments

martinealison said…
Tout comme vous j'aime les attitudes qu'ont les enfants... Elles sont si naturelles.
j'ai passé de si longues et merveilleuses heures à observer mes enfants lorsqu'ils étaient petits...
Une belle palette de couleurs.
Gros bisous
I am so bad with color pallets etc, I go with instinct, but I love the colors in this and the loose way you captured the subject.
LindaHunt said…
Thank you, Marine. Your thoughtful words mean a great deal to me.
LindaHunt said…
Thank you, Roger. I must say that your palette of colors are an inspiration to me and I often marvel at the clarity and beauty of the colors that you choose.

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty in Pink

I am on a Peony roll here.....just enjoying the process of painting and color.  Can be purchased here .

Peach Peony....Day 24

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 I'm ready to chill out after this one.  It was really HARD!   So many petals going all different ways.  I am pleased with the results.  I have to laugh at myself....I thought of showing a step by step process in the painting of this peony....but....never looks like anything until the last few strokes!  I am happy with this painting however I got here.  This painting is found here :

These are new work March through April 2022..........opening up my blogspot!!! Welcome......

Turnip 6"x 6" Panel Oil Pucker Up 12"x 12" Panel Oil Big Red Revision 6"x 6" Canvas Oil