Skip to main content

Salt Marsh Near Edisto SC


 
8" X 10"
 
$135.00
 
 
This past fall (Thanksgiving Day) my husband and I made our annual outing to Edisto Beach to have a picnic lunch.  The weather was phenomenal and the salt marshes were alive in their fall colors.  We snapped some photos for me to work from.
I used a limited palette in this painting.  I used Cobalt Blue, Cad Red Medium, Yellow Ochre, and Titanium White with a smidge of Ivory Black.  Oh yes, and a teeny bit of Lemon Yellow to capture the sunlight on the tips of the grasses.  I really prefer a limited palette because it requires that you search for color.  I think it makes a very harmonious painting.
My new website will be coming soon!:)


$135.00 plus $12.00 shipping USD
 


Comments

Hi Linda, I like your Salt Marsh painting, I like your use of color, soft, flowing. I too use a limited palette and find my colors in progress. Would like to invite you to visit my blog if you have a chance.
http://measuringspace.blogspot.com
LindaHunt said…
Thank you, Sylvia...sorry this is getting answered so late! I have been busy taking a class.

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)

Two Pears...Day 8

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 This is my submission for Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.