Thursday, March 28, 2013

Basket and Eggs


 
6"X4"
Oil on Board
 
$100.00
 
 
I bought this gorgeous little Easter basket with a frilly netting around the top.  I'm not usually taken by such things but I just fell in love.  I kept this painting as fresh as possible using a limited amount of strokes and keeping the color clean.  I used a limited palette consisting of Cobalt Blue, Cad Red Med, Cad Yellow Lt, Titanium White and Ivory Black.  I appreciate using a limited palette for a number of reasons.  I believe there is more color harmony and you really stretch yourself to mix color.

2 comments:

Sylvia Teri said...

This basket with eggs is lovely, Linda. So subtle. Happy Easter to you.

LindaHunt said...

Thank you, Sylvia. It is so abstract I really wasn't sure how it would be received.