Skip to main content

Three Green Pears

8X8

$115
Available on my Etsy site
 
This painting has undergone a metamorphosis in the last 24 hours because what I was trying for was just not successful.  The colors are quite muted but they are more vibrant than I was abel to capture.  The painting is really quite warm.  I am happy with this painting and want to thank Robin Rosenthal for her more than helpful advice.  I have a tendency to just splash around sometimes without in depth  thought as to where and how to place color and value.  That is a big problem.  With this painting I was very deliberate in my choices and I am very happy.

Comments

Jerry Stocks said…
Your deliberateness paid off. This is one beautiful painting. Next week are exams. Right now I am on overload. Happy Holidays!
Helen Cooper said…
This is lovely , you should be very happy with it!
Robin Rosenthal said…
Beautifully painted and luminescent.
Stephanie Berry said…
Very nice painting--I love the arrangement and the colors.

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

VANITY SOLD

I LOVE 'girl' things like lipstick, perfume, nail polish bottles, and pretty little compact cases. In this painting I was working for limited strokes. I would lay down the paint and leave it without manipulating it in any way. 6X6 inches oil Raymar canvas panel (Archival)

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)