Skip to main content

Last Chrysanthemum still life floral by Linda Hunt


This is one of the last chrysanthemum from my garden...I must say this was a very difficult flower to paint.  I scraped and repainted over 6 times.  But, like one of my favorite painters (Jo) I kept at it and looked for those neutrals to help define the form.  I am vindicated!

Comments

I think you did a great job in the end. It is loose and soft. Painting white and light colors are hard, I know with my black lines.
Jerry Stocks said…
You got it right--lovely!!
LindaHunt said…
Thank you Roger and Jerry...you literally made my day...!

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)

Two Pears...Day 8

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 This is my submission for Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.