Skip to main content

White painting #5



I am enjoying painting white paintings. There is something very rewarding about just dealing with value and stretching myself to explore other elements of good picture making. I bought a box of 20X20 inch canvases and am loving painting on them. This size permits me to lavish my brushwork with extra care and precision. I plan on exploring more with white paintings until I feel like exploring color once again.

There was a great deal of glass in this still life painting. I found the glass flower in the lower right hand corner in a thrift shop and it was instant 'love at first sight'. The cloth in the painting is a piece of filmy white sheer fabric with white ribbon like stripes running throughout. I simply love transparency and reflection.
It was very rewarding to challenge myself to capture the essence of these elements.

Comments

Nora MacPhail said…
Wow! Your white still life paintings are getting more complex! Wonderful painting. Also, love your chrysanthemus in yellow jug that I saw on your Etsy site!
Happy Painting,
Nora

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty in Pink

I am on a Peony roll here.....just enjoying the process of painting and color.  Can be purchased here .

Peach Peony....Day 24

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 I'm ready to chill out after this one.  It was really HARD!   So many petals going all different ways.  I am pleased with the results.  I have to laugh at myself....I thought of showing a step by step process in the painting of this peony....but....never looks like anything until the last few strokes!  I am happy with this painting however I got here.  This painting is found here :

These are new work March through April 2022..........opening up my blogspot!!! Welcome......

Turnip 6"x 6" Panel Oil Pucker Up 12"x 12" Panel Oil Big Red Revision 6"x 6" Canvas Oil