Skip to main content

Portrait #13

This i.s the second time that I have painted this incredibly beautiful woman.  The first attempt I felt that the drawing was too dark and dismal.  In this drawing I left some of the image to the imagination and focused the rich values in the face.  I may try drawing her again until I can achieve just what I am looking for.  However, I do like this drawing very much.  This woman is a member of the Beja People who are ancestors of the true Egyptians.  Think about this for a minute; they built and Empire that stood for 4,000 years.  I find that just amazing.

Comments

martinealison said…
Bonjour chère amie,

Un très joli portrait...
J'aime beaucoup son expression.

Gros bisous 🌼

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty in Pink

I am on a Peony roll here.....just enjoying the process of painting and color.  Can be purchased here .

Peach Peony....Day 24

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 I'm ready to chill out after this one.  It was really HARD!   So many petals going all different ways.  I am pleased with the results.  I have to laugh at myself....I thought of showing a step by step process in the painting of this peony....but....never looks like anything until the last few strokes!  I am happy with this painting however I got here.  This painting is found here :

These are new work March through April 2022..........opening up my blogspot!!! Welcome......

Turnip 6"x 6" Panel Oil Pucker Up 12"x 12" Panel Oil Big Red Revision 6"x 6" Canvas Oil