Skip to main content

When Nature Invites

This oil painting is 10"x 20" on a stretched canvas that is 1 1/2 " thick.  I learned a great deal from this painting and I hope to incorporate those learnings in the new paintings that I have planned.  My palette was a bit larger than I have used recently.  It consisted of Vermilion, Alizarin Crimson, Ultramarine Blue, Phalo Blue, Permanent Green, Cadmium Orange, Cad Yellow Medium, Dioxazine Purple, Titanium White, Black, and Magenta.  I just decided that I needed the purest color I could get and so I incorporated more paints.  I like the results in this painting.  The format of the painting was new to me being a long rectangle....I enjoyed it.....but composition planning is of the utmost importance.
Do you have a title suggestion?  Thank Maritnealison......

Comments

martinealison said…
Bonjour chère amie,

"Lorsque la nature s'invite..." J'aime bien ce titre pour cette belle composition florale aux couleurs très harmonieuses.
L'idée de la fenêtre ouverte avec le voilage en mouvement apporte une vie dans cette peinture.

Gros bisous 🌺

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty in Pink

I am on a Peony roll here.....just enjoying the process of painting and color.  Can be purchased here .

Peach Peony....Day 24

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 I'm ready to chill out after this one.  It was really HARD!   So many petals going all different ways.  I am pleased with the results.  I have to laugh at myself....I thought of showing a step by step process in the painting of this peony....but....never looks like anything until the last few strokes!  I am happy with this painting however I got here.  This painting is found here :

These are new work March through April 2022..........opening up my blogspot!!! Welcome......

Turnip 6"x 6" Panel Oil Pucker Up 12"x 12" Panel Oil Big Red Revision 6"x 6" Canvas Oil