Skip to main content

Large Oak near Edisto

I am employing the things that I recently learned from my new DVD and feel that there is a solidity in this painting that wasn't there before.  I enjoyed painting this scene.   Each year we travel to Edisto Beach for the day with a picnic lunch and walk the beach with our dogs.  On our way home we pass this marvelous old oak tree.   I love the majestic oaks of the South.  I also am learning something else about color.  I added Permanent Green Light and I like the brilliant yellow green that I am able to mix.  That combination helped to change this painting into exactly what I was looking for.  One other thing....when you paint....sit back and just enjoy the process from the initial layout to the last stroke put down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty in Pink

I am on a Peony roll here.....just enjoying the process of painting and color.  Can be purchased here .

Peach Peony....Day 24

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 I'm ready to chill out after this one.  It was really HARD!   So many petals going all different ways.  I am pleased with the results.  I have to laugh at myself....I thought of showing a step by step process in the painting of this peony....but....never looks like anything until the last few strokes!  I am happy with this painting however I got here.  This painting is found here :

These are new work March through April 2022..........opening up my blogspot!!! Welcome......

Turnip 6"x 6" Panel Oil Pucker Up 12"x 12" Panel Oil Big Red Revision 6"x 6" Canvas Oil