Skip to main content

Floral Red Vase

I have been working on this 20"x 20" floral for the past few days and feel comfortable with this conclusion.  The direction that I have been exploring for sometime is looser than past paintings.  Could I push it further?  Perhaps, but I just want to let this ferment and then move forward.  The red vase is one that I recently purchased from a thrift store.  It was love at first sight.  The pattern is almost like Majolica ware; many bright and interesting colors.  I worked on the composition in this painting because I feel that is an area of vulnerability for me.  The last thing I wanted was a rendering of the objects.  Color was my main interest along with shape. Looking and observing impressionist painters and the way that they not only laid down paint, but also, mixed colors next to one
another gave me lots to aspire to.  What was lacking a bit because this is new ground that I am breaking was the direct emotional response to the paint.  I love the push pull of thick thin paint.  I always hope to use darker color and end up with light luminous colors.

Comments

martinealison said…
Bonjour chère amie,

Je crois que vous avez bien fait d'acheter ce vase rouge !
La composition de cette dernière peinture est intéressante. J'aime la mis en lumière qui contraste avec les ombres. Vos couleurs sont toujours merveilleuses. Joli travail... Il n'est jamais simple de dire stop !

Gros bisous ❀ ♡ ❀
Jerry Stocks said…
This is a very lush painting. I love it!!!
LindaHunt said…
Thank you Jerry....it meant a lot to me to hear that today!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty in Pink

I am on a Peony roll here.....just enjoying the process of painting and color.  Can be purchased here .

Peach Peony....Day 24

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 I'm ready to chill out after this one.  It was really HARD!   So many petals going all different ways.  I am pleased with the results.  I have to laugh at myself....I thought of showing a step by step process in the painting of this peony....but....never looks like anything until the last few strokes!  I am happy with this painting however I got here.  This painting is found here :

These are new work March through April 2022..........opening up my blogspot!!! Welcome......

Turnip 6"x 6" Panel Oil Pucker Up 12"x 12" Panel Oil Big Red Revision 6"x 6" Canvas Oil