Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Green Bananas and Eggplant



Push push pushing....this painting is a 20"x16" oil painting on stretched cotton canvas.  I am happy with the painting the way it is but am reserving the right to work more on it if it requires additional information.  There are many things that I am still learning from the Lori Putnam book and DVD.  A wealth of knowledge is contained there in. 
With this painting I was taken with the golden feeling in the painting.  I stained my canvas with a darker golden color which you can see in the parts left unpainted.  This is truly breaking new ground for me and I am having a lot of enjoyment.  The palette was a little different because the bananas were so green.  The juxtaposition with the deep purple eggplant was one that I liked very much. 

No comments: