Skip to main content

Rockin' Radishes

Oh these were fun to paint.  I am still gleaning a great deal of information from my Putnam DVD and this prompted me to work on this painting quickly and decisively.  I sometimes get lost in the desire to paint every little thing and so my quest is to leave a little bit more to the imagination of the viewer.  I felt that this painting was successful in that area.  I did a thumbnail sketch which is something that is stressed in her book and DVD.  It just helps to get a desirable Notan down before painting.  I feel that I am learning a lot even if I walk backwards sometimes.  (As in yesterday's painting)

Comments

martinealison said…
Bonjour chère amie,

Ces petits radis ronds me font fondre de plaisir !... J'adore ! Au printemps j'en ai toujours à l'atelier et j'aime les croquer tout en peignant !

Très belles couleurs...
Gros bisous
LindaHunt said…
Thank you, Martinealison...they do make a delicious snack. Appreciate your nice compliment!!
Unknown said…
Linda, this painting looks juicy. It is confident and so well done.
Jerry Stocks said…
Linda, I think this is one of the best paintings you have ever painted. I love it.
LindaHunt said…
Thanks, Helen, Jerry, and Sue. Sometimes things just roll on so smoothly and this was one of those paintings!!

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty in Pink

I am on a Peony roll here.....just enjoying the process of painting and color.  Can be purchased here .

Peach Peony....Day 24

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 I'm ready to chill out after this one.  It was really HARD!   So many petals going all different ways.  I am pleased with the results.  I have to laugh at myself....I thought of showing a step by step process in the painting of this peony....but....never looks like anything until the last few strokes!  I am happy with this painting however I got here.  This painting is found here :

These are new work March through April 2022..........opening up my blogspot!!! Welcome......

Turnip 6"x 6" Panel Oil Pucker Up 12"x 12" Panel Oil Big Red Revision 6"x 6" Canvas Oil