Skip to main content

Night Interior

Night time scenes are interesting to interpret.  To create the illusion of night I had to establish very deep values.  In creating the light I used a little bit of white mixed with an ochre and cadmium yellow medium.  I don't often work with such deep values and so it was a challenge for me to deepen them sufficiently.  I chose to use black to help deepen the colors a little.  This is my dining room/office.  I set up my lap top at this table and so I am her often.  If you believe that rooms have energy....well, this room holds a very comforting energy to me.  The big window on the left looks right out onto a pretty pond.  Well, it used to be a nice Lake, but overtime the algae has turned it more into a pond.  Several years ago there were 2 alligators living there......scary!!  I know that they say that they won't bother you if you leave them alone but, I have dogs and they are a delicacy to an alligator.  They were removed, but gosh you never know when one will show up. 

Comments

Unknown said…
Linda I so admire how you keep stretching your boundaries. This is an interesting painting and very successful. Good job!
LindaHunt said…
Thank you, Helen. It was fun to do. I love looking at the Diebenkorn night scenes of his home and that is the inspiration. I love the warmth of the light and the cozy feeling at night time.
I just love this. The light against the dark is quite dramatic. Take care of your precious dogs. Boo gators!
Love this little scene, and strong colors!! Watch out for the2676 alligators, a little scary!

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty in Pink

I am on a Peony roll here.....just enjoying the process of painting and color.  Can be purchased here .

Peach Peony....Day 24

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 I'm ready to chill out after this one.  It was really HARD!   So many petals going all different ways.  I am pleased with the results.  I have to laugh at myself....I thought of showing a step by step process in the painting of this peony....but....never looks like anything until the last few strokes!  I am happy with this painting however I got here.  This painting is found here :

These are new work March through April 2022..........opening up my blogspot!!! Welcome......

Turnip 6"x 6" Panel Oil Pucker Up 12"x 12" Panel Oil Big Red Revision 6"x 6" Canvas Oil