Skip to main content


This is another small white study. I used 6 values ranging from white (1) to (6)darker gray. It was interesting and I felt more in control. I mixed a big pile of white and then added the black to make the gray piles. It was fun and I learned something about soft and hard edges.






I did this small white study yesterday and I had to redo most of it because it got so tight and I tried to not make any mistakes and we all know where that leads.

Comments

Douglas Clark said…
These are very nice and one learns a lot from painting them, but you are such a master of color, I miss those paintings.
Angela Sullivan said…
You inspire me I am going to have to try this.
LindaHunt said…
Thank you Douglas...you are really nice for making such an inspiring comment.

Thank you, Angela. It is fun, but a real challenge.
Helen Cooper said…
These are terrific! You always learn so much from doing all white studies. They are such a worthwhile exercise for artists of any level.

Popular posts from this blog

Yellowstone Naional Park

I am enjoying landscape painting so much.  It is partly because the Finetec waterolors that I use.  They are so incredibly beautiful....ssooooo beautiful.....each stroke is a stroke of LOVE....... www.lindahuntfineart.com

LITTLE ORANGE TEAPOT SOLD

Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)

Two Pears...Day 8

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 This is my submission for Day 8 of the 30 paintings in 30 challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta.