Skip to main content

Iris




My absence has not been invain. I have had much to do with the holidays as I am sure we all have. But more importantly I have been evaluating and re-evaluating my painting and beginning the process of exploration and hopefully improvement. There has always been something that bothered me about my painting and that was the lack of modulation of color. I recently purchased a DVD by a woman whose work I admire. She is a really fine painter and colorist. Her name is Camille Przewodek. Now I feel armed with the knowledge that will lead me eventually to where I want to be with my painting. I have a long way to go, but that is the journey.
This painting was one that I had been working on and it is always difficult to go back into a painting and try to do something structually that should have been in place at the beginning of the painting process. I feel that I made improvements none-the-less.
Now I begin a new and wonderful adventure.

Comments

Linda Popple said…
I just bought Camille's DVD, too (great minds!). It arrived yesterday and I only had time to watch a little of it, but it looks great and I can't wait to study it and begin playing with color at the easel. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do, too. It's a wonderful journey!

I like your painting. The violets are lovely and I like the reflections. Very nice!
Marie Theron said…
Yes Linda, how one longs for new directions. I think I will also invest in a DVD at some stage!Your luminous colors are a thrill once more!
Ruth Andre said…
So good to hear you are feeling good about a new direction with your painting. Lovely color in this painting.
Angela Sullivan said…
Oooooh! I like the darker background. Love it.
Dana Cooper said…
I look forward to more of your adventure, this is beautiful!
I see art as always evolving, I know I am always experimenting, looking for that new adventure into this wonderful thing called art.
Stephanie Berry said…
This works much better with the small changes you made. The pumped up color is great.
Kerri Settle said…
The changes you made really brought out the personality in this painting. I love what you did with it.
Virginia Floyd said…
I really like the changes you made. Lovely!
Hi Linda.
This painting is gorgeous, I love it. Also Sadie looks lovely. Well done for taking her in. Don`t forget to make enough room for her. All the best Linda. Happy Christmas
Vic.
Robin Rosenthal said…
This is a lovely painting! I also like Camille Przawodek work. But you know what they say, no matter who your teacher is YOUR painting voice always comes through.
Beautiful.
mary maxam said…
A colorful gem, love it! I'm thinking I like Sadie alot too :)
Angela Sullivan said…
Just stopped by again to see what you are up to. Have a great day.

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty in Pink

I am on a Peony roll here.....just enjoying the process of painting and color.  Can be purchased here .

Peach Peony....Day 24

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 I'm ready to chill out after this one.  It was really HARD!   So many petals going all different ways.  I am pleased with the results.  I have to laugh at myself....I thought of showing a step by step process in the painting of this peony....but....never looks like anything until the last few strokes!  I am happy with this painting however I got here.  This painting is found here :

These are new work March through April 2022..........opening up my blogspot!!! Welcome......

Turnip 6"x 6" Panel Oil Pucker Up 12"x 12" Panel Oil Big Red Revision 6"x 6" Canvas Oil