Red Orange is another of my favorite colors. When I saw this great tea pot in one of the stores in town I wanted it right away. But, I thought and thought about it and when I went back to the store it was still there and I decided that it was mine! I am not a tea drinker but I have always loved the shapes and sizes and variety of design of teapots. In this painting I backlit the teapot with natural and studio lighting. I was experimenting with the changing values and shadow. 8X8 inches oil Raymar Canvas Panel (Archival)
Comments
Megan
artbymegan.com
I like this color combination. I think the red really looks great against the purple. The knife blade is very near the same value as the fabric, so It doesn't show up very well. The knife handle does, as it's a little darker in value. (This observation is not meant as a criticism, believe me! Lord knows I couldn't paint this!)
Wonderful painting. It doesn`t matter what colour combination (Within limitations that is) that you use, as long as you are happy with the result. I can`t see anything that shouldn`t be there. Lovely painting. All the best Linda.
Vic.