Friday, December 17, 2010

Daisies


It's amazing to me! My studio is as cold as a florists flower refrigerator and these daises haven't begun to deteriorate!! I can still get several studies from them. In this painting I included the background of my studio window and curtain. There is a sliver of the grass outside, which is very yellow, because of the freezing termperatures that we have been having. These daises bring a bit of warmth!:)

12X16
Oil
Gesso Board

$125 plus shipping
Purchase Here

11 comments:

Angela Elledge said...

Love the pastel pallette you've chosen, it says cold and crisp. Also, love the large color blocks throughout your painting, this one makes me happy!

Linda Popple said...

I like your thick, juicy brush strokes! And your subject is just what is needed on tis cloudy day!

Victor Errington said...

Hi Linda.
A lovely clean colourful painting as usual. I like it. All the best Linda.
Vic.

Virginia Floyd said...

Very nice painting. Including the background adds a lot of interest to your painting. It's a great backdrop for the daisies. And I really like your vase. Great job!

Julie Hill said...

What a sweet painting...the purposefulness of your brushstrokes is admirable.

Carol Schiff Studio said...

I like this one a lot, Linda. Great job on the glass.

Kerri Settle said...

This is a sight for sore eyes with the rainy cold weather I've been having in my area lately. I love that texture!

Marie Theron said...

Co-operating little daisies! The vase is lovely too, Linda!

Marian Fortunati said...

Yummy luscious thick paint!! I love it..

So wish I could control it....

Jacki Newell said...

This is luscious!

LindaHunt said...

Thanks Vic...your comments are always welcome...I appreciate you stopping by! All the best!