Skip to main content

Apples and Umbrella



In searching for a subject I turned to the 3 bags of apples that I had stored in my refrigerator. I knew that I wanted to paint an image with many multiples. The silver tray has been in my husband's family for many years and provided a good surface for the apples. I liked the reflection. The umbrella I have had for several years. I at one point envisioned suspeding them opened from my ceiling. I decided that wasn't a very logical solution in my stufio which is small.
SOLD

Comments

Marie Theron said…
A lovely painting, Linda. A softness about it, very pretty apples and shiny silver!
Gwen Bell said…
So beautiful! I love your color palette and the composition. There are so many favorite spots in this...the variety of color in the apples, the wonderful swirls in the glass, the ribs of the umbrella...wonderful!
Linda, More stunning works! Your combination of colors and composition are a winning team. I could not make a choice between the two pieces. You have a lovely softness about your paintings that makes them very soothing and easy to live with.

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty in Pink

I am on a Peony roll here.....just enjoying the process of painting and color.  Can be purchased here .

Peach Peony....Day 24

  6"X 6" Oil Ampersand Gessobord $125.00 I'm ready to chill out after this one.  It was really HARD!   So many petals going all different ways.  I am pleased with the results.  I have to laugh at myself....I thought of showing a step by step process in the painting of this peony....but....never looks like anything until the last few strokes!  I am happy with this painting however I got here.  This painting is found here :

These are new work March through April 2022..........opening up my blogspot!!! Welcome......

Turnip 6"x 6" Panel Oil Pucker Up 12"x 12" Panel Oil Big Red Revision 6"x 6" Canvas Oil